Monday, August 3, 2009

How God Works...

I am amazed at how God works sometimes. I'm not sure why I'm so amazed, but I am. He continually surprises me at the "order" of things. He continually shows me how my ways are not His ways...

Stephen and I were pretty disappointed that we couldn't leave for China tonight. But one of the gifts that I have is to often see the bright side...the silver lining so to speak. It didn't take me long to realize that I'd be able to go to our family reunion. Ahhhh, the chance to hear Great is Thy Faithfulness in 4 part harmony with 175 people singing strong! To spend quality time with my 90 and 94 year old grandparents. This will probably be the last reunion that they will both attend (not to be negative, Grandma) and it will be a memory to treasure forever. I'm gonna get to spend time with my Aunts and Uncles, cousins, friends...I'll be able to spend quality time with my 3 kids before I add a fourth. There will be good times.

I checked the ticket prices for our trip to China in September. The tickets are a full $1200 cheaper PER PERSON! Holy smokes, we're gonna save a bundle. And then there are the little things. Like, I can take the kids for their dentist appointment with only 3 of them at the same time...don't have to have Huan Qin in the stroller that time. I can get my own doctor appointments done with before we go to China... There are all these seemingly little things that will fit in exactly the 2 1/2 weeks between my trip to Minnesota and my trip to China.

God Is Good! He knows what we need before we even ask. He knows what perfect timing is before I can even think to ask. We're gonna have the perfect trip in September...I just know it. Please continue to keep little Huan Qin in your prayers. Pray that she continues to grow and fill out. Pray that her nutrition is just what she needs and that she gets strong and continues to improve. For now, Stephen and I praise God for what He is doing in our lives and the lives of our children.

Blog Signature

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I keep checking your blog to see how the adoption process is going and I wanted to tell you that you blessed me today with your positive attitude!!! It reminded me to look for the silver lining in my situation and it reminded me that even if I don't get it right now, God does, so THANK YOU!!! Have a great time in Minnesota and say a few words with a Minnesota accent for me. (I am from Minnesota, don'tcha know?!) :)

Anonymous said...

I checked your blog tonight and thought I might see you are in China, but not so. You are amazing to be able to keep a good outlook on it all. We will pray that your little sweetheart grows stronger and can make the trip to CA without any further problems.
Our love to all of you.