Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Overheard Conversation...

I was sitting by the front door looking out at the new streets that are being put down in our neighborhood. I had just given the kids an apple muffin for breakfast. I had told Twerp #2 that even if she didn't like the chunks of apple in her muffin, she'd better eat it, she wasn't getting anything else for breakfast. So...I walk over to the door and overhear the following:


Twerp #3: "Yeah, you'd better eat that or you won't get anything else to eat!"


Twerp #2: "You're not my dad, you know. You can't tell me what to do."


Twerp #3: "I'm you dad. I am you know. I'm a dad if I want to be."


Twerp #2: "No. You're not. If you're a dad, then why do you go to bed at night instead of staying up to watch TV and the Olympics. If you're a dad, then why do you need a babysitter when you go out. If you're a dad, then why do you have to hold Mom's hand when you cross the street. See, you're not a dad."


Twerp #3: "Yes, I am a dad. I'm just a dad that needs lots of sleep and likes to be safe when crossing the street. I'm a safe and not tired dad."


Hmmmm...looks like Twerp #3 might just turn out to be a defense lawyer. I've got many years of this type of arguing up ahead of me. Hopefuly, he just doesn't argue with me all the time...

No comments: