Tuesday, November 11, 2008

From the Mouth of my Twerp...

My three twerps were watching TV this afternoon while I was doing laundry. They all had the day off of school for Veterans Day and were watching a Disney show...it was about a girl who had her dream diary stolen by her brother. Yeah, cheesy...but it had been a long day and I decided to go with it.

Anyways, Twerp #3 ran into my room and was telling me all about it. This is what he said: "Mom, sometimes I have scary dreams at night and then when I wake up I don't fall asleep anymore. But there is a book where you can write down your dreams and then they go to the scary place so you don't have to be scared anymore. Do you know what it's called? It's called a Dream Diarrhea.

!!! What!!! There were just a few things wrong with what he just said! Let's take them in order...

1. When he wakes up from a scary dream, he doesn't stay awake all night...he DOES go back to sleep.

2. He can't even write his name, much less write down his scary dreams in a diary!

3. It's a DIARY! Not, I repeat, NOT diarrhea!!!

Ugh, the things that kids hear and then repeat. I pray that this doesn't get repeated in Sunday School this weekend. I can just hear the snickering behind my back as I walk through the church campus..."did you hear that the youngest Margala kid writes in a dream diarrhea...psst...did you hear about the Margalas and their diarrhea problem...hey...did you hear that the Margala Twerps had diarrhea in Sunday School this morning..."

I didn't even laugh. I didn't want him to know what he said was funny. To be honest, it was more shocking and gross than funny. Yuck.

1 comment:

Maren said...

He better not tell me, I will probably laugh.