Monday, November 3, 2008

Where do they learn these things?!?

This morning, Twerp #3 - my 4 year old, was asking if he could play with a specific toy that we have in the garage. This is what he said: "Mom, could we play with that, you know, that toy that has long brown ones and medium yellow ones and short red ones, and, you know, they are like pool noodles and are bendy and you can, you know, put them together and, you know, build human habitats and stuff?"

I was trying to follow his request. I really, really was. But then when he throws in all the "you knows" like I'm supposed to be understanding what he's saying, it kinda throws me off a little bit. But Human Habitats?!? That was the one phrase that actually put together all of the nonsense that he'd said before. He wanted his Fort Building Kit! Of course, human habitats! But where did he learn the phrase human habitat and not fort builder? I just love that kid!!!

No comments: