Thursday, November 6, 2008

My kids in a nutshell

Can I just say that I love my sister! And no, this is not a bid to get a better Christmas present this year!!! I really do love her. It's because she sees things and thinks of me. Or because she'll call me and leave weird messages on my answering machine. Or, she'll teach my children how to use the inside of their shirt collar as a napkin. OK, I guess occasionally she does things and doesn't really think of me too much...

Anyways...today I got an email from her that said, "thought of you two" in the subject line. The two that she was referring to was myself and my sister-in-law Kristen. My brother and his wife have 4 kids between the ages of 2 and 7. They're busy too. If you ever want to check out their busy life, you can see their blog at http://picklesandpancakes.blogspot.com.

OK, back to the email. There was a quote in the email. That's it. One quote from Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I don't know who that is, but he's brilliant. It describes my children in a nutshell. Have I got you all primed yet? OK. Here it is. You may need to sit back and re-read it a couple of times to get the full "quote experience."

"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good, huh? No. It's great. And it's so true for my life...especially if you know Twerp #3.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Love you too. Next time I will teach the kids to use their legwarmers as socks...