Monday, March 23, 2009

Why do I do it?!?

The only time I go to certain websites is when someone wants to be my "friend." (Facebook anyone?) When I do get on there, I poke around a little and see what people are up to in the world and then log off. Facebook has a sidebar that always has "interesting and clickable" things. Things like...Free Pink Macbook. We need Laptop testers. Keep the Macbook you test. Click here for current availability.

I'm a sucker. What in the world makes me think that I'll be the ONE Lucky Duck in my "area" of Orange County to be the first one to click. Yeah, I click and then I get a few pages into the website and realize that I've made a terrible mistake and now my inbox will be full of crud for the next million years. So dumb. Such a sucker. I never get the free stuff...unless it's a magazine subscription to Outdoorsman or something equally dumb and not for me. I should know by now. But...and this is a big but...I'm sure that next time someone wants me to be their friend, I'll get all excited and caught up in the Facebook moment that I'll click on another "free offer" and then feel stupid again. Hopefully not.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Click here for a free trip to Hawaii.