Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adoption...

I'm so excited!!! We have finally sent a letter of intent to adopt a precious little girl from China. Our letter and updated pictures will probably get to China the first week of May. We are hoping to hear of our approval to be her parents in early June. It's going to kill me not to be able to attach a picture with this post, but I can't post a picture until we receive confirmation that we have been matched to her - it'll probably be a couple of months.

When I spoke to our china contact at our adoption agency, she said that it would probably close to 4 months before we would travel to China. Late August or early September! Holy Smokes! That's soon! That's also the same time that we're going to MN for a family reunion. I told my family today that I won't be in MN for the reunion. We're going to save the money we would have spent on that trip for our trip to China. You know, be a good steward and all.

I'm about jumping out of my skin, people! Like a kid who gets news of a Disney World trip and can't sleep for a few months! But worse! I'm excited and nervous and bubbly and prayerful and really happy all the time. We've been praying for this little one for years now and I'm so very blessed to see our our Father has answered those prayers.

Keep our daughter in your prayers also as we begin down the quick road to adoption. (Quick meaning it only took 4 years so far, huh, maybe not as quick as I thought.) But it's hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. We have lots to do this week and then the wait part begins. Pray for her continued health and quick trip to pick her up. Pray that I'm able to calm my excitement so I can sleep. I'll be one tired lady if I don't sleep for the next 4 months due to excitement! I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

The New Mommy!

1 comment:

Maren said...

Awesome. Love the post. Congratulations!!!