Thursday, April 30, 2009

LOI

LOI is adoption terminology for Letter of Intent. It is the letter that you write when you want to be matched to a certain child. I had to write my LOI last night. It was one of the hardest pieces of writing I've ever done. How can you adequately describe that you would make the best parents for a certain girl. How do you describe yourself and your family so that a complete stranger will think you also are the best parent for that particular child.

It took me a couple of hours to draft my letter. I sent it to our China facilitator and got the news that my letter was "wonderful." Stephen signed it this morning. We have some pictures that we're including with our letter and we're going to email it all to our China facilitator this morning.

We should hear in about 3-4 weeks that we've been approved to adopt her as our daughter. Can't wait to show you those pictures! (It's the reason that we started this blog in the first place!!!)

No comments: