Sunday, September 14, 2008

Is it possible to be speechless?!?

Is it possible to be speechless? Yes. Is it possible for ME to be speechless? Not usually. However, today I just don't have words to adequately describe the experience Twerp #2 and I had together.

My girlfriend had 50 girls between the ages of 2-13 come over for a "glitter girls party." A friend of hers is starting up this new business where they'll come to your kids birthday party and do hair, makeup and nails for the girls. Sounds like fun. Today was a trial run and a chance to hire the girls that were going to do the makeup.

So...the Twerp and I went to Michele's house and got ready to get gorgeous. Well, some of the girls ended up looking like cute 5 year olds that were playing with makeup. Some of the girls ended up looking like...I believe the politically correct term is "street walker." Twerp #2, believe it or not, was somewhere right in between. I've never seen my 5 year old look so old before.

Is that a black eye? It kinda looks like a black eye...



Yeah, it's hard to take a "serious" picture when your child is purple. Almost like Violet in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: "Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!" Oompa Loompa...

Well, it's 9:00 pm and the purple has since washed away. She had fun and she'll be my normal kindergartner who has to wear blue tomorrow. It's blue day! At least purple isn't for a few more days...I'm not sure if I could do purple tomorrow quite yet.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Um...Where is the glitter?