Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day Pictures

So here are my big kids on the first day of school. I have a "tradition" (can you call it a tradition if you've only done it for 3 years?!?) to take a picture with the kids in front of the sign at the front of the school. It's amazing to see how much they grow every year.

Here's a picture of Twerp #1 loaded down with his HUGE backpack. On the way to school I was afraid that he would fall over backwards. It was filled with his school supplies plus the stuff the teacher wanted...paper towels, wipes, Kleenex...that stuff takes up a lot of room. Oh yeah, the earthquake kit (yes, we have to have them here in California...), the earthquake kit weighed a ton. He was a much lighter boy on the way home.

Here's a picture of Twerp #2. Boy was she excited. Not only did she have a backpack that went from her shoulder to her knees, but she had on a real skirt. For those of you that don't have girls between the ages of 1 and 5, a "toddler skirt" has shorts on underneath. That way, if you don't sit like a lady, your diaper/underwear won't show. Twerp #2 had on a REAL skirt...her legs aren't crossed, everyone gets to see the "princesses" on her underwear. Plus, when she goes to the bathroom, she doesn't have to pull down her skirt...SHE CAN PULL IT UP! The excitement that this brought to my Twerp couldn't be adequately described on this blog. She was one happy girl.

And I'm proud to say that yes, she can sit nicely in a skirt...


And lastly, Twerp #3 on his first day of preschool. Here he is with the wonderful, patient and lovely Mrs. May. I could tell she was a little "concerned" the first day of school...when he wouldn't stop talking...wouldn't stop moving...yeah, her concerns were valid. But after his first full day of school yesterday (as full as three hours can be), she said that he was really good and that they were going to have a good year together.

I've been praying for Mrs. May for 2 years. Ever since I knew how much of a talker Twerp #3 is, I've been praying for his preschool teacher. I know that the preschool my kids have gone to has been lucky. They've had Twerp #1 and #2 to deal with. Those were good kids. Good listeners. Good attitudes. Good with following directions. I knew that when Twerp #3 came onto the scene, they'd think, "Is this a Margala kid? It couldn't be?!!?" So...I started praying. Praying for my Twerp and praying for his teacher. Now, I know who I've been praying for. God has answered my prayers in the form on Mrs. May. She is a gift to our Twerp and a blessing to our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your children are on the way for a fun year and if they are enjoying themselves, they are more apt to learn.
They all look so nice in the pictures, and Twerp #3 has changed the most.
Bev J.