Friday, May 1, 2009

Beijing Time!

I've added a clock to my homepage where you can see the time in Beijing. No more time spent trying to figure out whether our daughter is sleeping or napping or playing with friends. Now we'll know with just a look!

I have to say that the Internet is amazing. Email is amazing. I've never thought about how long getting updated pictures would have taken before. You have to have 35mm film. You take the picture and then have to get it developed. Then, you'd have to mail the pictures 1/2 way around the world to an adoption agency. Then, they have to forward you the pictures. That would take a month! But with technology, we take a digital picture, upload it to our computer and email it away. 10 minutes tops!

When we're in China we're planning on using Skype to talk to the kids. Free. Again, how costly would that have been if we didn't have Internet. I can talk to our kids daily. They can see pictures of their sister. We can Skype to multiple people at once and talk to Grandparents, cousins, siblings...all with the touch of a button. I guess I'd better learn how to use that button before we head over there. It'll be one of my summer projects!

No comments: