Wednesday, February 24, 2010

5 months home

It's been 5 months (and 3 days) since we first met Aaselia. It's gone by so quickly. I wish that the months leading up to meeting her had gone just as quickly...but somehow they seem to have gone quicker since we've been home.

She's amazing. She's strong and smart and funny. She loves giving me kisses and wants to kiss all the kids before they go to sleep at night. She loves to pray and folds her hands and closes her eyes before every meal, nap time and bedtime.

She is growing so much and I can see changes in her every day. And somehow, I'm not quite sure how it happened, she knows exactly what to do with an empty box. My Grandfather sent me a gift and Aaselia got the box to play in. God has richly blessed our family by allowing us to be her parents. It is the greatest privilege to be the mother to this child of God.

Please keep Aaselia in your prayers. She is having surgery on the 5th of March to remove her colostomy bag. She'll be in the hospital for about 10 days to recover. Pray also for my other kids as I will be staying at the hospital while she is there and Stephen and the Twerps will be at home.

5 months. I can't believe it!

Blog Signature

No comments: