Thursday, March 4, 2010

A sick little girl...

So there aren't any pictures today... A-because I don't have any and B-because I don't have access to a computer, at least one that's mine.

Last Saturday night, at about 11:00, Aaselia started to not feel very well. I thought that she'd probably had something that didn't agree with her for supper/lunch, but after she had vomited every 20 minutes for 6 hours, I was a lot worried. I'm not one to worry much, fret over the little/medium or big things. But this had me worried. We (my mom, sister, Aaselia and I) left my Aunt's house to drive back towards Orange County - 2 hours away. We headed straight to Children's Hospital of Orange County and entered the emergency room. 8 hours later, we were admitted into the hospital for what will turn out to be a 1 1/2 week-2 week stay.

Aaselia had a blockage in her intestine - a symptom of her surgery that she had done in China. Since she was originally going to have surgery on the 5th of March, we decided to stay in the hospital and move up the surgery to the 3rd. She's doing really well and is sleeping most of the day away.

I've learned some things about my girl: She has a very high pain tolerance. She is one tough cookie - just like her mama in that respect. She is an integrated part of our family. There hasn't been one time that I've talked to my other kids and they ask about her. They miss her. A lot. They have talked to her over the speaker phone on my cell phone and she smiles and touches the phone. She misses them too. They aren't able to come and visit - there are strict hospital policies here - but we'll be home before they know it.

Aaselia is one healthy girl. Sitting here in my room and seeing all the worried and concerned families on this floor has me thanking God that Aaselia only has this one issue to worry about. There are kids dying today...kids with incurable illnesses...kids that will be sick for the rest of their lives. And then there is Aaselia. She is going to be running around in a couple of weeks. She no longer has a colostomy bag and has had her incision "fixed" so she can wear a bikini later on. (Not that I'm condoning that type of thing, you hear.) I sit here, watching my daughter, in the quiet so thankful that God brought her to our family. I think of how different our lives have become, how different I have become, how our family has been blessed beyond measure.

So while I've been at the hospital, my family and friends have been taking care of the other three Twerps. I miss them. A lot. As a matter of fact, I'm going home this afternoon as soon as Maren gets here to sit with Aaselia. The kids aren't expecting me. We're going to have a good afternoon full of cuddling, stories and maybe just a little bit of homework.

Please continue to pray for Aaselia and the Margala family. Pray that this is the last surgery she has to have. Pray that she gets no adhesion from this recent surgery. Pray that she heals quickly and that we can go home to our king size, electric blanket, down comforter, fluffy pillows, fan overhead and no loud beeping in the middle of the night. Don't get me wrong, this pull out a chair into a bed and pretend to get a good night sleep is OK for the time being - I wouldn't want to be away from my baby...but home is where we both want to be.

We have an AMAZING GOD who works miracles. He's worked many miracles in the life of Aaselia. I can't wait to see what He continues to do in her life.

Blog Signature

No comments: