Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our baby is getting better!


On February 27th, we went to the Asia Reunion with our Adoption Agency. We had food at the China Buffet and made lots of new friends. A couple of the families live within 5 miles of our home! This was the last meal that Aaselia would eat. She started to get sick that afternoon and by the next morning we were in the hospital emergency room.

Today was a great day for Aaselia. She was up and walking quite a bit as well as had a LOT of play time with Daddy. Yes, for the first time since she entered the hospital on the 28th of February, I got to sleep in my own bed last night. What a night of sleep it was! I woke up at 4:00 a.m. in the same position that I fell asleep in...I was a little sore, but I turned over and went back to sleep until 8:45. I begged twerp #1 (and paid him $5) to make breakfast for the other kids so I could sleep in. It was glorious...beautiful...and just what the doctor ordered!

When I got to the hospital in the early afternoon, Stephen and Aaselia were having a quiet time. She was taking a nap - on her stomach! I couldn't believe it. Stephen said that at some point during her nap, she flipped over "No-No!"'s and all and was sleeping quite soundly. She woke up and we walked and played Lego's and read books until the other kids arrived at the hospital. We had to get a badge for her to come back up in the elevator after our visit with the other Twerps. (As if the IV and 4 tubes coming out of her body wouldn't be ID enough...)

Aaselia had the greatest smile when she saw her brothers and sister. Her eyes lit up and her entire body smiled. It was wonderful to see. She got balloons and a stuffed animal. She was one happy little girl. My mom took Aaselia back up to her room and Stephen and I ate dinner in the cafeteria with the other Twerps. It was a nice evening having all my kids in the same room...if only for 10 minutes.








Blog Signature

2 comments:

Maren said...

Can't wait to have her home!

Unknown said...

Awww, just look at her!!! She is such a trooper! Praying for you guys!!!! Can't wait till she's all better and our kiddos can meet!
Hugs, stacy