Monday, December 1, 2008

Milestones

It's odd that some milestones I expect. I expected my children to walk. I expected them to use a fork, learn to wash their own hands, use a napkin...well, some things we're still working on in the Margala household...but there are milestones that I KNOW are coming.

There are others that I never thought of. Like doing laundry this afternoon. I've always folded the kids pants together (so there is one long leg) and then in half. They have been folded like this for a long time. They have been able to be placed in the drawer like this and they fit...many pairs across the width of the drawer.

Today, we hit a milestone. Currently, I have to fold Twerp #1's pants in half and then in half again. Two folds. sigh. When did I get a boy that needs two folds to fit the pants in the drawer? He's growing up. His teeth are coming in and soon he won't look like a gopher anymore. sigh. I'm getting old.

No comments: