Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Always and Never

Always and Never are a source of irritation in me. They are used too frequently in my household and it's starting to bug me more and more often. Here are some examples:

Twerp #1: I always have to do more around the house than my sister and brother! (Um, no.)

Twerp #2: I never get to play what I want. (OK, then I'll just donate all your dolls and games to goodwill.)

Twerp #2: We never get to go swimming. (yeah, those swimsuits are just for decoration...)

Twerp #3: I always have time outs! (well, that one just might be true...NO, It's NOT!)

Twerp #1: I never get to watch what I want on TV. (yeah, then I'll just turn it off FOREVER!)

Twerp #2: I always have to eat stuff I don't like. (well then, don't be so darn picky!)

Twerp #3: I never get what I want when I want. (it's called life, buddy. Learn to like it.)

The problem with the always and the nevers is that I'm starting to get very immune to the whining. It's like they have "good time amnesia." They can only remember the things that they don't like or the things that they don't get to do. They can't remember the good times and say thank you for them...just take them for granted.

Tomorrow is a day off of school. The kids and I will be at home all day long. Sure, we'll probably go to the beach (since it's darn hot this week), but they won't remember it by dinner time. When Daddy comes home and asks what they did, they'll say, "Nothing...it was boring today." I'm sure it's the sign that they'll eventually end up with dementia and Alzheimer's. I'll be sure to let their future spouse know of their forgetful tendencies...just so they know what they're signing up for...

So...IF I remember, I'll post what we DIDN'T do tomorrow. It'll just be another boring day...with a lot of NEVER's and ALWAY's thrown in for good measure.

2 comments:

Maren said...

Why do I ALWAYS have to call you on the phone and you NEVER cal me? Huh? I mean I NEVER hear from you and I ALWAYS have to do all the work. Call me.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't registed on Google before, though I have ALWAYS been reading your blogs, and ALWAYS loving them, but NEVER letting you know.
Also love your sisterly chat.

Bev