Monday, October 20, 2008

Cheers!

Where were you 12 years ago? 12 years ago it was 1996. 12 years ago, I was 22. 12 years ago, I was in my senior year of college. 12 years ago I didn't have kids, stretch marks or utter the words, "because I said so!" 12 years ago I drove a black truck and went on weekend trips with my friends. 12 years ago, I was single. That's me.

12.5 years ago, Stephen started a new job at Abbasoft Technologies. Then, in 1998, Stephen and I started dating. In 1999 we got married. Still, Stephen is working at Abbasoft. Then, we proceed to have kids...he takes time off of work for the birth of Twerp #1 in 2001. In 2003, Twerp #2 is born. Finally, he gets another week off for the birth of Twerp #3 in 2004. Still, he works at Abbasoft.

Fast forward 12 years. I've graduated college...but don't work. I'm not 22 anymore, although I was carded last July for buying beer. My mode of transportation is a white minivan that seats 8! I have 3 kids and don't go on weekend trips on the spur of the moment...it takes a long time to get away for the night. But I love the changes that have come with the last 12 years!

On October 16th, 2008, Stephen started a new job! It has been 12 years since his last job change - and although he didn't beat my Grandpa's record at job longevity (1 job his entire life!!!), he has surpassed almost anyone I know our age. He is still programming, but in Irvine. He is learning something new and seems to enjoy it. Here's to a good changes in life. Cheers!

2 comments:

Maren said...

You bought beer?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Stephen on the new job! Hope it goes well.
Does he have farther to work now than before?
Bev