Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Tooth Fairy Has Struck Again!

The Tooth fairy Has Struck Again! Last night, Twerp #1 came home from school with a tooth in a baggy. Lucky me, I was blessed by not having to watch the "wrenching of the tooth" again. I'm not sure why, but when there is a wiggly tooth, my stomach just churns in knots and I get a little queasy.

However, there was another wiggly tooth on the bottom. Twerp #1 was sure that he could get it out before bedtime. He wiggled and wiggled. He pulled and twisted. And sure enough, just before bedtime, out it came. Two teeth in one day. That has to be a record, don't you think? Well, I washed his tooth off and put it under his pillow.

This morning, no money was found under his pillow. What!?! How could that be?!? I had him look again and sure enough, there was a $5 bill between his mattress and the headboard! It must have slipped down there during the night. An entire 5 bucks? My tooth fairy was NEVER that generous! I usually got a bunch of change in an old sock...not to say that I wasn't grateful, but it never amounted to $5. It was usually the same amount that was in the bottom of the tooth fairy's purse. I have to chalk it up to losing two teeth on the same day. Maybe if that had happened to me, I would have gotten $5 too. Maybe. Or, maybe not. I guess I shouldn't dwell on it too much since I'm not in the teeth losing stage anymore. Hmmmmmm.

Thought I'd post a picture of the toothless pumpkin at our house.


I'd say we need to get on the brushing bandwagon!

Twerp #3 just had to get in the last picture. He's sure that his teeth will start to fall out soon too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell "Twerp #1 he's good looking even with some teeth missing for a little while, and Twerp #3 is as cute as ever. Twerp #2 is special even though she's not pictured here, partly because she's THE girl in the family.
We love all of you, too.
The cattle auctions still are on RFD tv, so with winter coming, they will be even more important.
Bev