Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Logic of a 4 Year Old...

4 year old logic isn't always correct! (duh) Yesterday, Twerp #3 went to my girlfriends house for a "mom swap." I had watched her 3-year old in the morning and she would watch the Twerp in the afternoon until school got out. Seemed like a good idea. However, when she dropped him off she told me the following story:

"I was downstairs emailing a friend when I heard the Twerp go to the bathroom. I heard the toilet flush and then I heard the sink water running. Good for him. Well, all of a sudden I heard that there was water running onto the ceiling above me. I ran upstairs to find the Twerp dumping cups of water into the Polly Pocket Swimming Pool. The water had run down the wall, behind the baseboard and onto the ceiling of the office. When I asked the Twerp why he was putting water in the swimming pool, he replied, "Sorry, Michele. But I saw this swimming pool on a commercial and there is supposed to be water in it for the dolls to have fun. It's a hot day. I'm sorry, Michele."

She told me that he kept on repeating that he saw it on a commercial...I'm as thankful for ads on TV as I am that there is candy in the checkout line at the grocery store.

Today, at preschool, I was kept after class for an announcement from Mrs. May. It seems that out on the playground, Twerp #3 heard his new classmate say that she was hot. He proceeded to dump a pitcher of water right over her head. I see the logic that he had...because we talked about it in length after we got home: "Mom, she was hot. It was at least a million degrees today and she already had little drops of sweat water on her face. When I get sweat water on my face then I like to get my head wet. I was trying to be helpful...you know how helpful I can be!" Yes, Twerp #3, I definitely know how helpful you are. (wink, wink) And it was hot...98 when I picked him up at school today.

Water has been a problem for me the last couple of days. I better give him more bath time and let him get his "water issues" out of his system. I'll go start the bath now...

1 comment:

Maren said...

I'll run the sprinkler for him tomorrow.