Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun at a Graduation...

This weekend, my family is traveling a couple of hours to celebrate my cousin's graduation from High School. He was there for my graduation (as a 6 month old). Man, I'm feeling the wrinkles coming on! I'm sure that when I get there on Saturday I'll look like an old woman!

Anyways, I emailed my China facilitator, Sabrina, and asked if she had heard anything about our pre-approval. I'm just too darn excited to get her picture on my blog! I told her that I didn't want to be annoying, but that I was really excited to hear any sort of news. This is the email that I got from her:

Hi Michal,

I can tell your excitement and I was wondering how come you were so quiet lately. :)

I had been checking on your status daily. I had not gotten any update on the pre-approval yet from CCAA. As soon as I receive something, I will let you know. So far, I had not had any family being turned down. The pre-approval letter usually got approved in about 7-10 working days. So, I would assume that it would be late this week or early next week.

I have my first family who switched from NSN to SN program. Their LOI was submitted on 4/2/2009 and they just received their travel approval yesterday. That means they will be able to travel next month.

So, the total length is about 2 1/2 months from the beginning to travel time. So, this will give you some idea when you will be traveling to China and when you will have Huan Qin home. :)

Love, Sabrina


Our LOI was submitted on the 19th of May. Holy smokes! We might be able to go before our family reunion....or just after it's over! Come on, pre-approval, get here!

1 comment:

Maren said...

So excited. see you all Saturday!