Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Journaling - Kindergarten Style...

I thought I'd share a couple of pages from Twerp #2's journal. She was journaling about our camping trip last weekend. Here goes (let's see if you can read it!)...

"laste weck on frida aftr i cam hom from scoll me and my Mom and Ishiah and Zachary and Dad wel Denice wotchis Drdey then me and my famley went on a trip to the mawtins. we pla shots and snacs. we went on two natshur wocs. Zachary fawnd two lade bugs. I fawnd a owinj lade bug. tha ar rar bey cus ther can bey owinj yellow or gren."

So much fun to understand how she hears the words in her head. Just in case you need a translation...

"Last week on Friday after I came home from school, me and my Mom and Isaiah and Zachary and Dad, while Denice watches Darby, then me and my family went on a trip to the mountains. We play chutes and snakes. We went on two nature walks. Zachary found two lady bugs. I found a orange lady bug. They are rare because they can be either orange, yellow or green."

She drew a couple pictures of our pop up trailer and the trees they were climbing. I love that she loves to write. Maybe I have a budding writer on my hands!

No comments: