Sunday, May 17, 2009

What the heck!?!

So I saw this idea for dinner one day on the internet. Thought it'd be cool to try with the kiddos. I stuck a bunch of raw spaghetti through hot dog pieces. Fun enough in itself. Then, while the water was boiling, I hid them from the kids.
While the dogs were boiling, I told the kids that I had bought a "different kind of hot dog" and that it was gonna freak them out!

The kids found these on their plate. I had put butter on them - as best I could - and then sprinkled cheese on top. Twerp #2 thought that I had simply put the noodles to the edges and "glued" them with some syrup. Twerp #3 turned that one upside down when he bit through the middle and found the noodles inside the hot dog! Twerp #1 just thought about it for awhile and then said, "I know how you did it Mom!" He promised not to tell his brother and sister.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Great fun idea!