Sunday, May 17, 2009

Heart troubles...

So we went camping this weekend. I almost had a heart attack...but only after I snapped a couple of pictures just to prove that I had a good reason to have that heart attack. Stephen and I were setting up the pop up trailer. We could hear the kids down by the fire pit having a great time with some buddies that they'd made as soon (actually maybe before) we were parked. It seemed too good to be true. After a little while, I made my way the 20 feet to see what they were doing. This is what I found...

My baby was in a tree. It wasn't a little tree either. It was at least 40 feet off the ground.



I didn't want to scream at him to get down. I didn't want to freak him out so that he'd fall. So, in my calm "Oh Crap" voice I said, "Hey buddy, what are you doing?" Duh, like I couldn't figure that one out on my own!



"Hey, Mom! I'm way up here in this tree, isn't it cool!" And then, for effect, he tightly hung onto the trunk with both feet on either side and started to rock back and forth. Man, I almost needed a Depends!


"Mom, is it OK if I just sleep up here all weekend? The birds and I would be great friends!"
"No, buddy, it isn't OK. Daddy would be so lonely sleeping all by himself."
"Yeah, I guess you're right. Let me know when it's time for smores!"
I spent most of the tree climbing weekend in the trailer reading...and waiting for any sign that Stephen would have to rush right up that tree to help out. I sure wasn't going up there! We love Dogwood campground and can't wait to get back!




1 comment:

Maren said...

yikes. that is high. glad he made it back safe.