Wednesday, July 1, 2009

39 years old...ten years married

So this month, I will have been married for 10 years and the day after our anniversary, my husband turns 39. What to do? We wanted to get away for one night over our anniversary weekend and have a nice dinner and go out on a date. So, last night, Stephen asks me if I want to go to the Regan Presidential Library. I have wanted to go here for a very long time, but it's something we can't do with our kids and enjoy. They'd be too loud, too complaining and we'd have to leave before we wanted to. It was a great idea.

But then, I started to giggle. I thought of my friends who go somewhere cool and fun for their 10 year anniversary...

"So Michal, where are you going for your 10th anniversary?"

"So glad you asked! We're going to Simi Valley!"

"Huh?!?"

Yeah, not really cool. Not really exotic. It's the kind of thing I'll get teased about from my friends. Thing is, I don't really care. I'm going to have fun and get to do something that I've wanted to do for a really long time. I want to sit on Air Force One. The area surrounding the library is beautiful and I just want to enjoy it.

Stephen and I talked about how it is kinda funny to go to Simi Valley for an anniversary weekend. So we decided that when our friends ask what we're doing for our anniversary, we'll tell them that we are going to Simi Valley to celebrate Stephen's birthday and we're leaving 2 weeks after our anniversary to go to China for a couple of weeks. That'll shut them up!
Blog Signature

No comments: