Thursday, July 30, 2009

There is a delay!

Well...it turns out that with international adoption, things can turn on a dime.

It turns out that our daughter is sick in China and the orphanage wants her to be healthy before they allow her to be released from their care. It makes a lot of sense. The trip will be physically demanding for Stephen and I, not to mention our little one. They have asked us to wait until mid-September before we come to China to bring her home.

Again, we see God's provision in all of this. Our plane ticket is completely refundable and we don't have to pay any penalties. On top of that, it looks as if we can get our tickets a little bit cheaper when we travel in September. That's great news. Also, I still have my ticket to Minnesota and I'll be able to travel with the kids to MN next week for our family reunion. I'll be able to be with family and friends for a couple of weeks as we wait again to make our plans for our China trip.

And then there is Aaselia. God is providing for her as well. Huan Qin has a full time (24 hr) nurse that is taking care of her. She is walking and happy...but weak. Please pray for her strength to return so we can bring her home.

It looks as if we'll be in MN until the 22nd of August. We'll miss Stephen a whole bunch, but he's saving his time off for China. Then, when we get back, we'll have another 2.5 weeks of summer before school starts. After school starts, Stephen and I will go to China and be home in time for the cooler weather in the fall.

I'm bringing my new netbook with me to MN, so I'll be able to post pictures of the kids swimming in the lake and hanging out with my grandparents. We'll also be able to Skype with Stephen in the evenings.

So it's not 6 more days to China...more like 46...but those days will fly by and soon we'll be packing!


Blog Signature

1 comment:

icedlatteprincess:) said...

So sorry to hear of your delay, but glad she will be nice and healthy for her return home with her forever family!!!

My husband and I just locked a file yesterday of a little girl from the Wenzhou orphanage. She is just 2 and adorable!!! I am wondering if by chance I could send a photo album for her with you when you make your trip? We live in Washington, so I am not sure how this all works. Our coordinator gave be your blog address in hopes of making contact. Please email me is you feel this is something you would be willing to do or not. icedlatteprincess @ yahoo dot com You will have type it in correctly because I don't want to alarm any spam filters out there. Thanks so much and congrats on your little one:) Fonnetta