Monday, June 15, 2009

A goal...

I have a good sized pantry. Most of it is full of stuff. Stuff that I bought for a particular recipe and then didn't make and I still have the stuff. My goal for this summer is to eat my pantry. You know, use up the stuff that I already have instead of buying new stuff to eat. It's such an odd assortment of stuff too. I found a website called allrecipes.com. You can go to their ingredients link (just above the search bar) and type in the ingredients that you have and the ingredients that you don't want. They'll bring up a list of recipes that you can make so you can "eat your pantry." I made my list this morning. There are 11 things on my list and I'll make 4 dinner meals complete with sides. I still need to get the basics like fruit and milk and bread, but my grocery bill will be so much smaller if I eat my pantry this summer. I spent $29 on groceries for the week for my dinners and fruit this week. Hopefully we can get the pantry cleaned and our tummies full for a lot less this summer!





Blog Signature

No comments: