Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thoughts from Twerp #3

I'm going to admit that this might not be entirely appropriate from the get go. I've been thinking about it all night (seriously I woke up thinking about Twerp #3's thought) and woke up tired in my brain! Basically I had decided that I wouldn't make a post about the following until Twerp #3 told me the same thing this morning. Then...I decided that the "wisdom" of a 4 year old just had to be shared with ya'll.

Last night, Stephen and I were sitting on the couch and Stephen told me about a discussion that he had with Twerp #3. It sounded eerily familiar to the conversation I had this morning. It went something like this:

Twerp #3: "Mom, did you know that boys are smarter than girls?"
Mom: "No, I didn't know that. I don't believe that's true."
Twerp #3: "Mom, boys are smarter than girls because girls have small brains and boys have big brains. Girls have smaller brains than the boys. Plus, boys have penises! And that's why boys are smarter than girls. Boys have a penis and girls don't have them...so boys are smarter...cause they have a penis."
Mom: "Ohhhhhhhhhhh"
Twerp #3: "Yep. I'm right. Cause I'm a boy and I'm smart."
Mom: (chirp, chirp, chirp) silence ensues.
Mom: "Maybe you'd better go and get dressed for the day. Then find something to play with your brother and sister."

At this point, Twerp #3 walks out of the room singing the "I'm smart" song to himself. I'm totally shocked. I guess I just thought that his conversation with Dad was partly exaggerated. I don't think that I really believed him that he'd really stated with full conviction exactly those thoughts. I even had to ask again to get it on video. Please don't watch if the topic offends!

By the way, did you know that when you upload a video, you have to state that it does not contain obscene material? I hope the video doesn't qualify! :)

Well, there's not much more I can say to you all...I do have a big job ahead of me to teach my kid where the brains are in the body. I just hope he doesn't take this way of thinking with him to preschool in the fall. Yep...I've got a big job ahead of me.

No comments: