Friday, July 18, 2008

What does a couple mean?

Tonight we were at dinner - literally 5 minutes ago. This is the conversation that we have...

Twerp #1: "Can I be done with dinner?"

Dad: "Eat a couple more bites."

Twerp #1: "How many is a couple?"

Dad: "15"

Mom: "Actually, a couple means two."

Cousin: "Yeah, a couple means two."

Dad: "When Mom says she'll be there in a couple of minutes, is she ever there in just two?"

Twerp #1: "No. I'll eat 15"

Oops. I guess I need to be more accurate when I tell my kids I'll be there in a couple of minutes. I'll also have to think of something that Stephen does and tease him mercilessly for a "couple" of weeks!

1 comment:

Brent said...

that is one of those classic Margala exchanges that I don't get to hear on a daily basis anymore... sad!

the fun part is that I could totally hear you're voices and tones of voices as I read that to myself... hahaha